As coronavirus cases continue to grow and impact more communities, the YMCA's of Tampa Bay are working together with One Blood and LifeSouth to address the ongoing need for blood donations.
Amid coronavirus concerns, many organizations are experiencing fewer blood donations due to the cancellation of blood drives and the temporary shutdown of facilities. The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA, YMCA of the Suncoast and YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg have partnered with OneBlood and LifeSouth to host the following donation drives at several YMCA locations across Tampa Bay to help replenish the supply of blood in hospitals and healthcare facilities Friday, April 17, 11:30am – 4:30pm:
All donors at the following YMCA locations will receive a free OneBlood water bottle and a free wellness checkup including blood pressure, pulse temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening. For more information or to make an appointment visit oneblood.org/ymca or call 1.888.9.DONATE (1.888.936.6283).
- GREATER PALM HARBOR YMCA • 1600 16th St. • Palm Harbor, FL 34683
- GREATER RIDGECREST YMCA • 1801 119th St. N. • Largo, FL 33774
- JAMES P. GILLS FAMILY YMCA • 8411 Photonics Dr. • Trinity, FL 34655
- BARDMOOR YMCA • 8495 Bryan Dairy Rd. • Largo, FL 33777
- CLEARWATER YMCA • 1005 South Highland Ave. • Clearwater, FL 33756
- JIM & HEATHER GILLS YMCA • 3200 1st Ave. S. • Saint Petersburg, FL 33712
- NORTH PINELLAS YMCA • 4550 Village Center Dr. • Palm Harbor, FL 34685
All donors at the following YMCA locations will receive a free t-shirt and a coupon for a free pizza from Domino’s.
- HERNANDO COUNTY YMCA • 1300 Mariner Blvd • Spring Hill, FL 34609
- CITRUS MEMORIAL HEALTH FOUNDATION YMCA • 4127 W. Norvell Bryant Hwy. • Lecanto, FL 34461
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA will host several OneBlood donation drives at its family centers across Hillsborough and East Pasco counties on a future date in May.