Updated Dec. 2
Our Number One Priority is Your Safety
Our number one priority is your safety as we welcome you back into our Y. Following guidance from the CDC and government officials, we have updated our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of safety and cleanliness (see below) as members get back to focusing on their health and their community at the Y.
While we can’t predict the long-term effects of COVID-19, we are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure your safety. The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
- Individuals are asked to verbally affirm they meet screening requirements prior to utilizing the facility.
- All members will be required to sign a waiver before using the Y. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and get healthy.
Group Exercise Reservations
- Make a reservation: Use the YMCA of the Suncoast mobile app or go to the Schedules section of ymcasuncoast.org, select your branch, day of the week, and time and click "Reserve" or tap the icon to make your reservation. Enter your name and email, and you will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. Please be courteous to other members and only reserve ONE time slot per day.
- Please Note: Reserve your spot a maximum of 48 hours in advance. If you do not see the reserve option on the app or website, please call your branch. *If you previously chose to cancel your membership, please contact us to reactivate your membership in order to make a reservation and use our facilities.
- In Pinellas County, all staff and members (ages 12+) are required to wear a face covering indoors while not exercising or participating in youth sports or other youth activities. Please contact the branch for more clarification.
- In Pasco County, staff and members (ages 2+) are required to wear a face covering indoors while not exercising or participating in youth sports or other youth activities. Please contact the branch for more clarification.
- With the help of floor markers and staggered equipment, staff and members are expected to maintain and encourage at least 6 feet of space from people not in the same household.
- Plexi-glass protective barriers and contact-free scanning systems are provided at member service areas for check-in.
- Group exercise classes have limited capacity and spots are available by reservation only.
- Lobby furniture, tables and seating throughout the facilities and pool furniture are spread out to promote social distancing.
- Select water fountains have disposable cups to use, and water fountains without cups are disabled. Water fountain bottle fillers are active and members are encouraged to bring their own bottles.
- Coffee service is suspended.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- The facility is cleaned and sanitized throughout the day. We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting procedures, focusing on high-touch points such as handrails, doorknobs, light switches, counters, etc. and using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants.
- We have added extra hand sanitizing stations and cleaning supplies in addition to requiring members and staff to clean equipment between uses.
Hand and Respiratory Hygiene
- All staff and members are encouraged to practice good hand and respiratory hygiene by frequently washing hands and covering coughs and sneezes.
As more people begin to interact with one another across our community, the potential of coming into contact with someone who has COVID-19 is probable. We cannot stress how imperative it is for you to practice these preventative measures:
- Wear a face covering for your protection and the protection of others.
- Wash your hands and use antibacterial hand sanitizer frequently.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- Keep casual interactions short and brief.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- We recommend those with pre-existing health conditions to stay home.
Also, if you develop COVID-19 symptoms it is important that you stay home and avoid contact with others. These symptoms as defined by the CDC include fever in excess of 100.4 degrees, a cough, and/or shortness of breath. If you develop these symptoms you should call your healthcare provider.
We’re always adapting to meet the needs of our community
We’re committed to ensuring all people have access to the resources and support they need to reach their full potential. Everyone deserves a chance to thrive. We will continue to engage and serve all people where they are, including through virtual offerings and outreach services for those who continue to practice social distancing and those who need special support during these challenging times.
Together, We’re a Better Us
Thank you for staying with us while we were closed. Although we are back open, we want you to return at your own pace and when you feel comfortable. We care about you and your well-being. The Y is more than a gym…we are a community. We’ve missed you and are so happy to welcome you back.
Stay safe and healthy,
Your YMCA of the Suncoast Leadership team